Well, we went to the eye doctor on Tuesday!! My vision is worse, but I knew that because I could tell that I couldn't see as good. So I got some new glasses and they are really cute (they are Gucci!!) I also got those one day disposable contacts too. I don't wear them much so i figured I would just get those since I only wear contacts like maybe 2-3 times a month. Tuesday I also had the forever friends banquet. And for those of you who don't know what that is, it is a mentoring program in the city of Longview. So I am a mentor to a girl that is in the 9th grade in the Pine Tree school district. The mentoring program is for children that have close relatives in jail, have been in an abusive family, or that live in poverty. So we have a group that meets every wednesday for about 45 minutes. Their are 9 mentors and mentees. We have a really good time and talk about a lot of life issues. They are all great girls. We do 1-2 community service projects a year. We also do things outside of group meetings too. This past Tuesday was our end of the year banquet. So I took my mentee to the banquet and it was great. We had a really good time and the theme was too cute!! It was "The Heart of a Princess" and they all got tiaras. This is the end of my seceond year participating in this program.
Her Last Meet the Teacher
2 weeks ago







0 comments:
Post a Comment