Thursday, May 28, 2009

Show us where you live friday-nurseries/children's rooms

Kelly's Korner is hosting Show Us Where You Live Friday and today is Nurseries/children's rooms!! 
I love Brady's nursery!! I picked out the fabric for the bedding and had it made. I love the stripes, geometric squares and the colors. This is where we hang out and play almost all day everyday!!! 




I am not an artistic person whatsoever so when I came up with the idea to paint these canvases I wasn't sure how they would come out!! I think they turned out pretty cute though!!

Brady's cute monogramed pillow and little dog!!
Brady's dresser that my mom and I stained!

Can you believe I made the lamp shade!!! I am not crafty either!! 
Brady loves his Dr. Seuss books!! The cute teal frame came from Canton!!


We also stained the changing table!! I didn't make the tile board!! I got that at Canton!!

The most comfortable rocker/recliner ever!!! I went to Lazy-boy and sat in every rocker they had and this is what we ended up with!! 

Love this cross!! Got it at Canton!! Yes, I am definitely a Canton Junkie!!

And this is the Cute boy that this room belongs too!!
Oh, I was out of town last week and didn't get to post my dining room!! So here is a quick snapshot of it!! 

Hope you enjoyed!! Thanks for visiting!!

34 comments:

Christie said...

You are so crafty! I love Brady's initials and the lamp shade! You seem to know where to find the good stuff at Canton....my one trip wasn't too fruitful, but I loved going!

Ashley said...

Love the teal frame and the cross!

Frugal Jen said...

I love Canton too!

Jenny said...

I love the colors in his room!

What a cutie pie too!

ashley said...

love the initials above his crib. they turned out GREAT! :)

Kelly said...

I would say you are VERY crafty! Love the lampshade and the canvas monogram! And the colors!
I have to go to canton one of these days!

Sarah Robbins said...

I usually like little girl rooms best, but this adorable room is making me change my mind! It looks so great! Thanks for sharing such a terrific room.

Karyn said...

Great room!

Susan said...

Love the colors you chose. You did a great job crafting! I love the cross! Sure wish I lived near Canton (wherever it is!)

Very cute room and cutie that resides there!

KIMBERLY said...

i love to see boy rooms! since i have two boys, it's always nice to see mom's put effort into their little boy's spots too! thanks for sharing!

Myra @ My Blessed Life said...

Love, love, love the canvases!

Brandi said...

Your more artistic than ya think. . . the canvases are great! Love the colors in the bedding too.

annalee said...

what a fun boy room! i love the color combo and personalized touches throughout the whole room.

Rose said...

Lurking from Kelly's Korner, I love this sweet room.

Pam Bowers said...

I've never imagined myself having a boy so my 'dreams' of a boy room are non existant. I love this. I now have boy dreams.

Leslie @ Lamberts Lately said...

What a comfy looking recliner!

Kayla said...

I love the canvases..You are crafty!

Kathleen said...

I think maybe you are craftier than you think. I love the canvases and the stained furniture and the lampshade. Wow! You did a great job.

Tara G. said...

I love the bold colors! The cross is really unique! And what a sweet boy!

Queen Bee said...

So cute! I am a Canton junkie too. Infact I am going today!! Great room and cute little man!!

The Baby Cove said...

Brady is so cute! I absolute love the turquoise and green! So fun. That cross is perfect too.

Becky said...

The colors are GREAT! Such a cute/happy nursery!

Lee Ann said...

So bright and fun! Brady looks so much bigger than just a few weeks ago when I first came to your page. He is darling!

Tammy said...

Hi! I'm new to your beautiful blog. Nice to "meet" you!

What a beautiful and fun nursery! I love the colors!

Have a great weekend!

Leslie said...

Neat colors. The room is very well put together.

Rebekah said...

Brady is so adorable and so is his bedroom! I love the canvas painting you made - they are great!! I also love the color scheme in the room! What a great idea! Thank you so much for sharing and have a great weekend!

Rebekah and her girls!

Ashleigh said...

I LOVE the colors!! It's so bright and fun! Love the canvases and lamp shade!

Courtney said...

The colors are awesome in his room!

amy said...

ohhhh i LOVE your little boy's room! love the colors, you did an amazing job on the letters, and all the details are too sweet!

Michelle said...

I love these colors!

Stacey said...

Love the colors in the room. I posted our son's nursery, too and the colors are similar. Ours are a little more muted.

Love the cross!

TheFancyFritter said...

This is the cutest little boy nursery! I love it! That cross is awesome! I'm from Shreveport, LA..What part of TX are in you? It's fun to find a "local" girl on here! :) ~Stacy

Amy G said...

I love the room, I need to get out to Canton. I have lived like an hour and half away from it my whole life and have never been. They have such cute stuff!

Mrs. H said...

Cute cute nursery! I too am a Krystal who lives in East Texas...North East Texas! I'm curious which part you live in!
Krystal
www.holtsrus.blogspot.com

Nice to "meet" you!